Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (IDD) Ad Hoc Committee
Description of Committee
The goal of the IDD Ad Hoc Committee is to increase new APBS members who represent practitioners and family members supporting children and adults with IDD across the lifespan. The committee developed an action plan that includes:
- Creating new resources for families and practitioners on the apbs.org website,
- Developing social media, podcasts and webinars on topics related to IDD,
- Organizing opportunities for discussion and collaboration,
- Working with APBS to make sure the annual conference includes IDD-related content, and
- Building stronger relationships with leaders from other organizations who support the IDD community.
These action-planning efforts are meant to create a climate that is welcoming people to become more involved in APBS as members and conference attendees.
List of members and how to get involved
Rachel Freeman, Board of Directors
Bob Putnam, Board of Directors
List of Current Members (updated annually)
Please email volunteers@apbs to join the committee.
Regular Committee Members: 27
Barbara Brent, Lauren Brown, Patricia Clark, Meg Depasquale, Dani Dunphy, Rhiannon Evans, Rachel Freeman, Muna Khalif, Tammy Jackson, Lakeisha Harris, Carol Hoeninger, Rose Iovannone, Margaret Moore, Alex Newsom, Jennifer Jeffrey- Pearsall, Anne Malbica, Kiki McGough, Tanya Misgen, Lauren Neubauer, Bob Putnam, Terrance Proctor, Theresa Rodgers, David Rotholz, Steward Shear, Ben Reiman, Virginia Walker, Imad Zaheer.
Australia- Pacific Area Members: 12
Erin Farrell, Dianna Yip, Erin Leif, Shiralee Poed, Anthea Naylor, Sarah Ellen Spence, Natalie Swayn, Tom Tutton, Russ Fox, Brent Hayward, Matt Harrison, Alinka Fischer
Additional White Paper Members: 4
Erin Farrell, Laura Kern, Jessica Simacek, and Lynn Stansberry- Brushanan
Additional UK White Paper Members: 4
Sarah Leitch, Edwin Jones, Jim Thomas, and Darren Bowring
Total Members Across Groups:
N=45 volunteers, board members and others participating in this committee
- February 10, 2023: 10:30 AM – 12:00 PM EST
- April 6, 2023: 3:00 PM – 4:30 PM EST
- June 5, 2023: 11:00 PM – 12:30 PM EST
Sample of work occurring and resources
- Effective and Sustainable Training Systems
- Data-Based Decision Making
- How PBS Can Support Home and Community Based Services (United States Specific Brief)