A draft version of the Agenda Program will be posted here mid-December 2019.
The Agenda Program for the 17th International Conference in Positive Behavior Support will contain brief descriptions of pre- and post-conference workshops and presentation sessions, along with session times and location. Use the Agenda Program to plan your experience in Miami, Florida, March 11-14, 2020.
-*Please note - we will not be providing printed Agenda Programs on site. The most current information will be included in the mobile app*
APBS Conference participants will be able to:
- Gain an understanding of research-based strategies that combine applied behavior analysis and biomedical science with person-centered values and systems change to increase quality of life and decrease problem behavior;
- Identify practical applications of positive behavior support in a variety of places including schools, early childhood, mental health, child welfare settings, and in organizations that provide services to adults with intellectual or other disabilities;
- Describe the most current, state-of-the-art research on positive behavior support for a variety of populations and settings;
- Expand explicit knowledge about the field of positive behavior support that promotes questioning about the field and its aims and methods;
- Expand their perspective on problems/goals and PBS intervention strategies by enhancing knowledge (unspoken understandings) about the field of positive behavior support; and
Enhance understanding about the key components and related considerations in the positive behavior support process from an individual to systems level perspective.